Opportunities in a Circular Economy
Our current business model is one of Make, Take, Use and Dispose/Destroy, but it is not a sustainable path. The IBM video below explains why the circular economy must be our mindset for future business practices.
– 1/3 of the world’s copper is currently in use, 1/3 is lost and the other third is still in the earth
– Electronics are produced with scarce metals, plastics and glass but it is estimated that 88% of the metals will be depleted in the next 10 years
– The Circular Economy model is based on reusing, refurbishing and recycling what we already have
– Transitioning to a circular economy model is smarter, more responsible and more profitable
– Increasing resource productivity by 30% would create more than 2 million jobs in 10 years
– The total savings potential is estimated at 1 trillion dollars
Waste must be perceived as a valuable resource. We’ve understood this at Electrobac and that is why our business model revolves around refurbishing or recycling all the electronics that come our way through our e-waste collection network or our corporate services.